With the rising cost of living, meeting the needs of a growing family is an expensive affair. You will be surprised at how much you can save with just a few adjustments to your lifestyle.
1. Cooking more meals at home – if you are really short of time during the week plan easy-to-freeze meals that you can pop into microwave during the week. Make it a family project and get everyone to help. You will save money and spend more family time together!
2. Make a list – Always make a list and stick to it when you go grocery shopping. This way, you will avoid buying things on impulse. You should also attempt to schedule your shopping trips when you a bit of a hurry so you will only have time to buy the items listed.
3. Buy in bulk – Whenever possible, buy in bulk. toothpaste, canned goods, body wash, cereal and toilet paper have a long shelf life and cost a lot less when purchase them in large quantities.
4. Pay bills on time – To avoid ‘late payment’ charges. This is especially true when it comes to credit card bills. The late charges may seem small but add up over time.
5. Plan vacations in advance – So you won’t get caught paying extra during ‘peak season’. Early planning also allows you time to research and be eligible for early bird discounts.