Discretion is being able to raise your eyebrow instead of your voice.
Tag Archives: best way to save money
Great ways to save money
With the rising cost of living, meeting the needs of a growing family is an expensive affair. You will be surprised at how much you can save with just a few adjustments to your lifestyle.
1. Cooking more meals at home – if you are really short of time during the week plan easy-to-freeze meals that you can pop into microwave during the week. Make it a family project and get everyone to help. You will save money and spend more family time together!
2. Make a list – Always make a list and stick to it when you go grocery shopping. This way, you will avoid buying things on impulse. You should also attempt to schedule your shopping trips when you a bit of a hurry so you will only have time to buy the items listed.
3. Buy in bulk – Whenever possible, buy in bulk. toothpaste, canned goods, body wash, cereal and toilet paper have a long shelf life and cost a lot less when purchase them in large quantities.
4. Pay bills on time – To avoid ‘late payment’ charges. This is especially true when it comes to credit card bills. The late charges may seem small but add up over time.
5. Plan vacations in advance – So you won’t get caught paying extra during ‘peak season’. Early planning also allows you time to research and be eligible for early bird discounts.
10 Ways To Save Money
Here are some simple ways to save money :-
1. Use cash instead of credit card.
Surveys conducted have shown people will spend 30 to 40 percent more when using a credit card than by cash or check.
“A credit card is a means of buying something I don’t need at a price I can’t afford, with funds I don’t have, from people who aren’t polite, so I can impress people I don’t know.” -Wilson J. Humber
2. Replace household detergents with Vinegar or baking soda.
Use vinegar or baking soda to clean surfaces instead of household detergents. Vinegar and baking soda are known as all purpose household wonder. Personally I use vinegar to clean my tables, computer & mouse. Just mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a small bucket. Dampen a clean cloth in the solution. Then squeeze all the liquid out as hard as you can and start wiping. Vinegar is also good for cleaning piano keyboards. Baking soda is great for cleaning the kitchen sink. Just wet the sink, sprinkle some baking soda and scrub, then rinse. Besides that I use baking soda to brush my teeth and scrub my face three times a week.
3. Time to clean up your car
Did you know the heavier your car is the more petrol you used? So if your car looks cluttered, it’s time for a little clean up.
4. Put Aside Loose Change
Banish loose change from your bag and you will be saving straightaway. Empty your coins into a jar each night. Resist the temptation to touch it and every couple of months, use the change to splurge on something you really want.
5. Get a haircut done by students
A lot of hair academies may offer haircut done by their students for a reduced price. All it takes is a little research.
6. Eat at home
Learn to cook simple meals and make your own sandwich. This would not only save you money but also a healthier choice. You can bake your own cake for family birthdays or bake cookies as give gift during the festive season.
7. Buy only when there is a sale
From electronic items to bedding, the big stores discount heavily during the sale s time. You will save a lot of money if you make your purchases during the sale.
8. Don’t be an impulsive buyer
Stop being an impulsive buyer. You will appreciate your purchases more if you stop buying on impulse. This is a good habit to help you save money each month.
9. Go to the library
I love to read but the trouble is new books are costly. So join a library. I always find something interesting to read through though it might not be exactly the book I was looking for.
10. Save some money from your pay each month
Start by saving some money from your pay each month. This would be an emergency fund for unexpected incidents like car breakdown or a trip to the dentist.