It’s a shame to see overripe bananas go to waste. So, what do you do with overripe bananas? For me, the easiest way to go is to make banana smoothie. But for a change, I decided to bake my new improved moist banana cake with peanut toppings. It’s easy to make, very moist, smells amazing and simply delicious. My family love it and it goes really well with coffee or tea 🙂
So, here is the yummy banana cake recipe :-
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup castor/fine sugar (very little sugar but the natural sweetness of the bananas will blend in nicely)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup salted peanuts (coarsely chopped/blended to resemble crumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and flour a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon).
3. Cream butter and sugar together well. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. (Mix in the chopped/blended peanuts)
5. Combine eggs, mashed bananas, milk & vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.