I like only two types of food:
Food dip in butter and
Food dip in chocolate
Here’s a simple reason why drinking milk before bedtime is bad for you.
“You drink milk.”
“You toss and turn in our sleep, the milk is turned to butter,
the butter turns to fat,
fat turns to alchohol,
and you wake up with a hangover!
The town’s richest man met with the minister after the Sunday service. “Why does everyone call me cheap and stingy?” complained the man. “I’ve told everyone I’m leaving half my money to the church when I die.”
The minister nodded. “It reminds me of the story about the pig and cow. The cow was much loved by the farmer and his neighbours, while the pig was not popular at all. The pig could not understand this and asked the cow about it.”
“How come you are so well-like cow? People say you’re generous and good because you give milk and butter and cream every day. But I give more than that. From me they get bacon and ham; they even pickle my feet. Yet I’m not popular and you are. “Why do you think that is?”
The cow replied, “Perhaps it’s because I give while I’m still alive.”
It’s a shame to see overripe bananas go to waste. So, what do you do with overripe bananas? For me, the easiest way to go is to make banana smoothie. But for a change, I decided to bake my new improved moist banana cake with peanut toppings. It’s easy to make, very moist, smells amazing and simply delicious. My family love it and it goes really well with coffee or tea 🙂
So, here is the yummy banana cake recipe :-
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup castor/fine sugar (very little sugar but the natural sweetness of the bananas will blend in nicely)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup salted peanuts (coarsely chopped/blended to resemble crumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and flour a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon).
3. Cream butter and sugar together well. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. (Mix in the chopped/blended peanuts)
5. Combine eggs, mashed bananas, milk & vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.