Tag Archives: cake
Happiness is …
painting on a cake!
a slice of red velvet cake.
“The ultimate in longevity is the Christmas fruitcake.
It is a cake made during the holidays with fruits
that make it heavier than the stove it is cooked in.”
– Erma Bombeck
Joke of the day – Nourishment
“Feed your sole“
Quote of the day – George Harrison
“All the world is birthday cake,
so take a piece, but not too much.”
– George Harrison
The Cake of Friendship – Michelle Flores
Preheat the oven of love
With plenty of secrets and hugs
Mix in giggles and laughs
That make your sides split in half
Bake with the love and care
And all the things you both should share
Decorate with the frosting of trust
This is really a must
Enjoy the cake do not eat it fast
Just like your new friendship make it last.
– Michelle Flores
Moist Banana Cake Recipe
It’s a shame to see overripe bananas go to waste. So, what do you do with overripe bananas? For me, the easiest way to go is to make banana smoothie. But for a change, I decided to bake my new improved moist banana cake with peanut toppings. It’s easy to make, very moist, smells amazing and simply delicious. My family love it and it goes really well with coffee or tea 🙂
So, here is the yummy banana cake recipe :-
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup castor/fine sugar (very little sugar but the natural sweetness of the bananas will blend in nicely)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 ripe medium bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup salted peanuts (coarsely chopped/blended to resemble crumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and flour a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon).
3. Cream butter and sugar together well. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. (Mix in the chopped/blended peanuts)
5. Combine eggs, mashed bananas, milk & vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Sprinkle with the reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.