My two daughters are 12 and 7 and they are not a big fan of green vegetables. But this is one dish that they love and I cook it at least 2 or 3 times a week.
It’s really easy to prepare and it’s super delicious. Let me show you how to prepare this healthy green spaghetti.
1. Wash a bunch of English parsley (approximately 12 stems – a little more or less is fine)
2. Put the parsley in the food processor/blender and add 3 – 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp ginger powder (or grate some fresh ginger) and 1/2 tsp of salt. Add about 150ml of warm water.
[Note: You can also add a few walnuts. Me and hubby like walnuts but my two girls do not. I guess having two nutty parents is more than they could tolerate. LOL!]
3. Give it a good blend and you will get a nice healthy green mixture.
4. Pour mixture into a big bowl and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle some black pepper. Mix well and keep aside.
5. Boil the spaghetti and when it’s ready, drain and pour it into the green mixture.
6. Give it a good mix and you’re ready to serve. My girls like to have this spaghetti top with fried bacon and a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese. This recipe would go well with roast chicken or any grilled meat of your choice.