“Homemade soap is the best. No lye.”
My family loves to have banana pancakes for breakfast on Saturdays. This is an easy pancake recipe that makes light and fluffy pancakes. Lightly scented with vanilla essence and cinnamon powder, these pancakes are absolutely scrumptious with sliced bananas on top. It is yummy as it is or you may have it with some honey and a squeeze of lemon/lime.
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking power
3/4 cups milk, more or less
2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (Optional)
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
2 – 3 medium/large bananas (sliced)
1. Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder) together. Add in sugar.
2. In another bowl, mix eggs, milk and melted butter together until smooth.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients (item 2) all at once. Stir until just combined.
(Note: Over-mixing makes tough pancakes. It’s okay for the batter to be lumpy)
4. Spoon onto hot non-stick pan (if not using non-stick pan, then oil the pan first) and quickly place the sliced bananas on the pancake until bubbles form.
5. Flip over till slightly brown.
6. Serve hot with honey/maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon/lime.
Note: Batter can be kept overnight in the refrigerator.